The NEET-UG 2021 examination was held on September 12th under strict COVID protocols. The NEET 2021 examination results are expected to be released towards the end of October 2021. Soon after the results, the authority will conduct the NEET counselling and allocate seats for NEET qualified candidates. The AIQ NEET counselling will be conducted by the DGHS and the state counselling will be conducted by the respective authorities of states.
Tamil Nadu is a southern state of India bordering Kerala to the west, Andhra to the north, and Karnataka to the north-west. The state is home to 55 medical colleges. The Directorate of Medical Education will conduct Tamil Nadu MBBS 2021 counselling in an offline mode.DME will conduct Tamil Nadu MBBS 2021 counselling for 85 per cent of seats under the state quota and 100 per cent of seats in self-financing colleges in Tamil Nadu. Here in this article, you can read about the complete MBBS/BDS admission process in Tamil Nadu.
Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2021: Counselling Criteria
|Seat Quota||Counselling||Counselling Authority|
|15% All India Quota||NEET 2021 counselling||MCC|
|central/deemed universities||NEET counselling by MCC||MCC|
|85% state quota||Tamil Nadu MBBS counselling 2021||DME, Tamil Nadu|
|Private colleges||Tamil Nadu NEETcounselling||DME, Tamil Nadu|
Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2021: Eligiblity
- Tamil Nadu medical admission is open to Indian nationals, non-residents of India, and anyone of Indian descent.
- Candidates must be residents of Tamil Nadu.
- Candidates belonging to other state but living in Tamil Nadu can apply for medical admissions in Tamil Nadu under the open category.
- Candidate must be at least 17 years old as of December 31, 2021.
- For the general category, students must have completed class 12 with a minimum of 50% points.
- Candidates from the SC/ST/OBC and PH categories require 40% and 45% marks in the class 12 examination, respectively.
- Inorder to attend the Tamil Nadu NEET counselling, Candidates must have qualified in the NEET examination, scoring minimum percentile set by the authority.
Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2021: Important Dates
|Application form Release||Yet to be announced|
|Merit List Release||Yet to be announced|
|Counselling Round 1||Yet to be announced|
|Counselling Round 2||Yet to be announced|
|Counselling Mop-up Round||Yet to be announced|
Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2021: Admission Process
The DME would be in charge of handling Tamil Nadu medical 2021 admissions to 85% of state quota seats and 100% of private college seats. There will be three rounds of Tamil Nadu NEET counselling, including a mop-up round for vacant seats. Read about the admission procedures below
- The offcial website of Tamil Nadu NEET 2021 counselling is tnhealth.tn.gov.in.
- During counselling, students will be asked to submit their college and course choices.
- Seats will be assigned to qualified candidates based on their opted choices, state merit rank, NEET score, reservation, and other factors.
- Following each round of counselling, the Tamil Nadu NEET seat allotment list will be published by the authorities.
- Students who have been assigned seats must report to the allotted institute to complete the admission procedure.
Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2021: Counselling Rounds
- There will be two rounds of Tamil Nadu NEET 2021 counselling, followed by a mop-up round.
- Candidates who fail to appear for the first/second round of counselling would be ineligible to participate in the subsequent round of Tamil Nadu MBBS counselling 2021.
- Candidates who do not accept their allotted seat would be ineligible to participate in the subsequent rounds of Tamil Nadu MBBS/BDS 2021 counselling.
- Students must pay a processing fee of Rs 500/1000 for government/self funded colleges during the second round of Tamil Nadu MBBS counselling.
- Candidates who are waitlisted or allotted seats in round one will not be required to pay any fees in round two.
- All applicants who joined or were waitlisted in the first and second rounds of counselling are eligible to participate in the mop-up round.
Related post – NEET Counselling 2021 – Dates, process, Admission & Cut off
Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2021: Cut-off for MBBS
|College Name||OBC Rank||Open Rank|
|Christian Medical College, Vellore (Institutional Quota)||NIL||2080|
|Christian Medical College, Vellore ( General )||NIL||213|
|Coimbatore Medical College, Coimbatore||696||480|
|ESIC Medical College and Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Chennai||1890||997|
|KMCH Institute of Health Sciences and Research, Coimbatore||2499|
|Madha Medical College and Research Institute, Chennai||3955|
|Madras Medical College, Chennai||188||93|
|Indira Medical College and Hospital, Thiruvallur||4694|
|Government Vellore Medical College, Vellore||1514||999|
|Government Villupuram Medical College, Villupuram||1689||798|
Related Blogs you should definitely read
- Top 10 Government Medical Colleges in TamilNadu
- NEET Counselling FAQS 2021
- NEET Conuselling Mistakes Students should Avoid
- Kerala NEET 2021 Counselling: Dates, Eligibility, Admission & cut-off
- NEET Counselling 2021: MBBS Counselling Process & Cut-off in Uttar Pradesh
- Gujarat NEET Counselling 2021: Dates, Eligibility & Procedure
- Maharashtra NEET Counselling 2021 : Dates, Eligibility & Cut offs
- Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2021: Dates, Cut-Off & Eligibility