NEET UG 2021 examination results will be announced towards the end of October. Candidates who have attended the NEET-UG 2021 examination are eagerly waiting for the result of their hard work and immense effort. The NEET-UG 2021 examination was conducted under strict COVID protocols. Amidst the pandemic hit a whopping number of 16lakhs candidates have attended the NEET -UG 2021 examination.
NEET Counselling 2021
Counselling is a procedure conducted by the authorities to distribute medical seats to NEET-qualified candidates, in accordance with their performance in the medical entrance examination. Seat distribution for NEET-UG will be determined by NEET results, choices made, seat availability, reservation criteria, and other variables. The NEET-UG 2021 counselling will be started by 2nd December.
Candidates who have qualified for the NEET examination can only participate in the NEET counselling procedures. Unless they provide their agreement, candidates from Jammu and Kashmir will not be eligible to participate in All India NEET counselling. The eligibility criterion for each central university varies.
NEET-UG 2021 Counselling Tips
Where to Register for NEET counselling?
Eligible candidates must register at mcc.nic.in. They must enter their NEET registration number, NEET roll number, name, mother’s name, and birth date.
Lend your ears to official notifications
After enrolling on the official website, make sure you’re up to date on the counselling dates. Particularly if you have applied in multiple states. The first thing you should do is see whether any of the dates coincide. If it doesn’t, that’s fine; if it does, select the priority choice.
Choose colleges carefully when filling out the choice section
Prepare for the main event in advance. It includes college selection based on cost structure, facilities provided, and so on. Choosing more than two options in separate states while filling out the choice form is not at all recommended.
Now that you are qualified in the NEET 2021 examination and you have registered for the NEET counselling. The authorities have given you a date to appear for the counselling but somehow you couldn’t attend the session. Now You will face a penalty for not attending the counselling on the allotted date. Avoid the penalty by attending the counselling session on time.
Make all necessary financial arrangements
Within 10 days of the counselling process, the student must report to the assigned college. When a student arrives at college, they must pay the yearly fee. It can be tough to organise a large sum of money on an urgent basis at times. So it is advised to be ready with the money for the admission procedures soon after the counselling.
Verify the college fee structure
There are chances for the fee structure stated during the selection process may differ from the real college fee. So it is highly recommended to double-check the fee structure of the allotted college from the college website or any other trusted sources.
Also Read: Ultimate Guide to NEET-UG Counselling
7 Common mistakes to avoid during the NEET counselling process.
- Be assured of the previous year’s AIQ and state cutoffs so that you can guess which institutions will admit you.
- Read all of the guidelines thoroughly. Keep up to date on all counselling dates and procedures so that you could complete all necessary preparations before the deadline.
- Don’t wait till the last minute to complete online submissions; complete them one or two days ahead of time to avoid server glitches and other verification issues.
- It is best to check over last year’s notices and collect the documents listed ahead of time.
- Keep all orginal documents and its photocopies ready. Try to keep atleast 10 to 15 photocopies with you.
- Select your courses carefully. There are chances for students to mark any other courses instead of MBBS.
- If you are a dropper or repeater, along with all the certificates you need to submit a gap year certificate, since you have a gap in 12th results and NEET examiantion.
NEET counselling is a difficult process but you could easily undergo it if you read all guidelines properly and act accordingly. Don’t get tensed or afraid. Be confident and attend the counselling procedure. Don’t hesitate to ask others for help.