The NTA is expected to release the application form for NEET 2023 towards the end of 2022. The application form for NEET 2023 will be released through their official website – neet.nta.nic.in. Eligible applicants can apply for the NEET medical entrance exam on or before the NEET registration deadline. The NEET 2023 application form should be filled in two phases.
NEET Application Form 2023: Overview
|Application form release||Not yet announced|
|Last date to submit the Application form||Not yet announced|
|Last date for Fee Payment||Not yet announced|
|Admit Card Release||Not yet announced|
|NEET 2023 Exam Date||May 2, 2023(Tentative)|
|Result announcement||Not yet announced|
NEET 2023 Application form: Eligiblity
|Minimum Qualification||Candidates must have a 10+2 or equivalent certification from a recognized board, with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as core courses.|
Aspirants with a Class 12 qualification or equivalent are also eligible to apply for NEET.
|Age Limit||Candidates must be 17 years old as of December 31, 2023.|
|Upper Age Limit||The decision on the upper age limit is pending, so, all candidates are provisionally eligible to apply for NEET 2023.|
|Marks Required||NEET eligibility marks in class 12 are just aggregate marks for PCB subjects. The class 12 percentage needed for the NEET 2021 exam is different for each category as shown below|
1. UR – 50%,
2. OBC/SC/ST – 40%
3. PWD – 45%
|Number of Attempts||The maximum NEET attempt limit for 2023 is unrestricted.|
|Nationality||Indian Nationals, NRIs, OCIs, PIOs & Foreign Nationals aspirants are eligible to apply|
NEET 2023 Application form: Requirments
Before enrolling for the NEET 2022, aspirants are encouraged to keep the documents required for the NEET 2022 application form. Having the documents ready ahead of time will allow aspirants to fill out the NEET application form more quickly and with minimal mistakes.
- Valid Mobile Number
- Valid Email Address
- Class 10 details and Class 12 details
- Father and Mother’s name
- Aadhaar number
- Class 12 Roll number issued by the Board/Election Card, Passport Number, ration card number, bank account or any other valid Govt. identity number
- Scanned images of passport-size photograph, signature, left-hand thumb impression, Class 10 pass certificate and postcard size photograph Details are given in the table below
- Credit/Debit card, Net Banking and UPI payment gateway details
|Category of Candidates||Types of permissible IDs|
|Indian Nationals of all States||Aadhaar Number (last 4 digits)/, Class XII Roll number issued by the Board, Election Card (EPIC No.), Ration Card, Bank Account Passbook with Photograph, Passport Number or Number of any other Photo Identity Card issued by Government.|
|NRIs||Passport Number, Aadhaar (last 4 digits)|
|Foreign Nationals/ OCI/PIO||Passport Number|
List of Documents Required for NEET Application Form 2023
|Documents||Detail||Size & Format||Specifications|
|Passport Photograph||Latest photograph white background80% face coverage, ears clearly visible, on white background|| 10 Kb to 200 Kb|
Format – JPG
|2.5 x 3.5 inches with 72 DPI|
|Postcard size picture||Must be taken on or after September 1, 2021.Preferably with the name and date of taking the photograph. |
The photograph should not be with a cap or goggles.80% face coverage, ears clearly visible, on white background
|4″x6″ (Size 10 kb – 200 kb)||4.25 x 3.5 inches with 72 DPI|
|Signature||White Background Sign with a black pen.|
The signature must not be in capital letters.
|4 Kb to 30 KbFormat – JPG||2.5 x 3.5 inches with 72 DPI|
|Left-hand thumb impression||In case of any eventuality of left-hand thumb being unavailable, right-hand thumb impression may be used blue ink on white paper||10 kb to 200 kb||2.5 x 3.5 inches with 72 DPI|
|Class 10 passing certificate||The candidate should scan his/her Class X Passing Certificate for uploading||50 kb to 300 kb||2.5 x 3.5 inches with 72 DPI|
|Category certificate||SC/ST/OBC/EWS certificate||50 kb to 300 kb||PDF format|
|PwBD certificate||Certificate obtained by the list of centers mentioned in the brochure||50 kb to 300 kb||PDF format|
|Citizenship certificate||Citizenship/Embassy certificate or any documentary proof of citizenship in PDF format||50 kb to 300 kb||PDF format|
How to Fill NEET 2023 Application form?
- Visit the Official Website
- Click on the application form link, click “Apply online” and register yourself.
- After registering, you will be assigned an Application ID and a password.Then, fill up the NEET online form with accurate information.
- Upload your scanned passport size photograph (10 Kb to 100 Kb), signature (3 Kb to 20 Kb), left-hand thumb impression, and class 10th passing certificate.
- After you fill out the form, it carefully validates your information before submitting it. (Strict double time verification is recommended)
- You can now pay the Application Fee online using a Credit Card/Debit Card/Net-banking/UPI/Paytm.
NEET 2023 Application form: Steps in Detail
Candidates must click on ‘Fill application form’ to complete the neet.nta.nic.in 2022 application form. On the new page, click ‘New registration,’ which will take you to the instructions page, which you must carefully read. Then, confirm that the instructions have been read by clicking on a declaration.
Fill in the details in the NEET-UG registration form as shown below. A password must also be created in accordance with the standards, which will serve as the password for all future logins. After registering for NEET 2022 login, a provisional application number will be generated. This is the user ID that will be required to log in to neet.nta.nic.in 2023.
- Candidate’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Father’s Name
- Date of Birth
- State of Eligibility
- Person with Disabilities
- Identification Type
- Identification Number
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
- Security Pin
The next step would be to select a password, retype it, enter a security question, and select an answer.
Keep the security question and answer safe since they may be needed to recover the password if the candidate forgets it.
Candidates must verify and submit the above details in order to finish their NEET registration.
The provisional application number will be displayed after successful NEET registration.
This must be written down because it is the NEET 2022 login ID for all subsequent logins.
Candidates must check all of the information by clicking on each area. No one will be allowed to proceed unless the particulars are checked. Aspirants are urged to thoroughly check all of the details, as no changes will be allowed.
Following the completion of the registration process. Candidates must click on the ‘Complete Application Form’ button. Log in using your provisional registration number and password. It is necessary to complete the remaining fields on the application form.
Other information required on the application form is as follows:
- Personal Details
Some registration data will be displayed automatically and it cannot be modified. The other details that needs to be filled in the application form are
- Candidate’s Name
- Mother’s and Father’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Persons with disability
- Do you belong to Minority Category?
- Are you suffering from Diabetes Type I?
- Identification Type
- Identification Number
- Medium of NEET question paper
- Exam City
- Academic Details
- Pass status
- Year of passing/appearing
- Qualifying exam code
- Place of schooling
- Type of school/college
- Qualifying examination state
- Qualifying examination district
- School board
- Result mode
- Roll number
- School/college name and address
- School/college pin code
- Enter the security pin
Checklists to be verified
- My name
- Father name
- Mother name
- Date of birth
- Question paper medium
- Examination cities
- Educational details
Click on ‘I Agree’
The next step is uploading documents.
- Passport Photograph
- Left-hand thumb impression
- Postcard size photo
Guidelines for the Documents
- The Photograph must be passport size with a white background with the candidate’s name and the date of the photograph beneath the image.
In JPEG format, the file size might range from 10 kb to 200 kb.
- Signatures must be done using a black ink pen on white paper and scanned to a file in JPG format ranging in size from 4 kb to 30 kb.
- Candidates must submit a digital image of their left-hand thumb impression on white paper in blue ink in JPG format, with a file size of 10 kb to 200 kb.
- In addition to the passport size photo, candidates must provide a postcard size photo in JPG format with a file size ranging from 10 kb to 200 kb.
After submitting the required papers, the opportunity to pay the NEET application fee 2023 will appear on the screen. Click the ‘pay examination fee’ button. The NEET UG-2023 application fee must be paid online.
Online Payment Modes
- Credit/Debit Card
- Internet Banking
Note: Always keep the proof of payment in receipt or screenshot
Application Fee for Different Categories
|General/OBC Candidates||Rs. 1,500/-|
|General-EWS/ OBC-NCL||Rs 1400/-|
|SC/ST/PH Candidates||Rs. 800/-|
Printing the acknowledgement receipt
Following payment of the application fee, a confirmation page or acknowledgement receipt will be generated. This signifies that the NEET 2023 application was successfully submitted. A copy of the same will be provided to the candidates’ registered email address as well as their mobile phone numbers. Candidates should keep this acknowledgement receipt for future reference.
Documents to be retained
- Confirmation page printout
- Payment proof of application fee
- 6-8 copies of photographs uploaded
How to Retrieve Password in NEET Application Form?
You can retrieve passwords in two different ways. Let’s see how?
- Using security question and its answer
Candidates have to enter the following details:
(i) Application Number
(ii) Security Question
(iii) Security Answer
(iv) Enter security pin which is case sensitive
- Using the password reset link
(i) NEET application number
(ii) Date of birth
(iii) Enter the security pin which is case sensitive
- Using the password reset link
NEET 2023 Application Correction Window
In the NEET 2023 application form, candidates could alter any details and exam city selections. Candidates will be needed to NEET login by entering their application number and password in order to make adjustments and utilize the NEET 2023 correction window.
Details that cannot be changed in the NEET correction window
- Registered mobile number
- Email ID registered
Details in the NEET application form that can be corrected
- Personal details
- Place of birth
- Medium of question paper
- Choice of exam city
- Academic details of Class 10, 11 and 12
- Permanent and correspondence address
- Details of parents/guardians
- Dress code
Related Blog – NEET 2023 Preparation Tips & Strategies
How to Edit the NEET 2023 Application Form?
- Enter application number and password
- Click on correction in NEET 2023 application form
- Candidates can update the fields specified above once the NEET 2023 application form is displayed.
- After making the required correction, click on ‘Preview and Submit’
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number
- Enter the OTP and click on ‘Final Submit’
- A warning message will appear on the screen, asking, ‘This is the one-time correction facility; no correction will be permitted after final submission.’ Do you want to finally submit the updated application form?’
- Click ‘Please do’ to submit the corrections, or ‘oops no’ to go back and make some more changes.
- After submitting the changes, the NEET application correction slip with the amended information will be displayed on the screen.
- It is recommended to print three to four copies of correction slips.
The official dates will be announced towards the end of 2022
No, the NEET application form 2023 has not yet been availed.
Candidates can obtain their NEET candidate login by enrolling on the NEET official website.
The application fee can be paid only through online channels
Candidates are redirected to the confirmation page after filling out all of the required information in the NEET application form 2022. If the candidate is not redirected to the same page, the form has been denied.