NEET 2023 exam is a national-level entrance test conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) in May 2023 for admission to various medical courses offered by the majority of India’s medical colleges/universities. The test will be conducted in pen and paper mode. The exam will be conducted yearly in different exam centres across the country.
The NEET Exam results acquired by students will decide their admission to UG medical degrees. Before taking the test, aspirants should learn everything about the NEET exam. Through this article, We would like to share the details regarding the NEET 2023 examination.
NEET 2023: Scope of NEET 2023
The marks obtained from the NEET exam will be used to provide admissions to different medical seats and medical universities. The admissions will be granted to
- 15% All India Quota seats
- 85% state quota medical seats
- Different Central and deemed universities
- State, management, and NRI quota seats in private colleges
- Central pool quota seats
- Seats in private unaided, aided minority, and non-minority medical colleges.
NEET 2023 Overview
|Exam Date||Not yet announced|
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen-Paper Mode)|
|Language||English and Regional Languages (Hindi, Oriya, Assamese, Malayalam, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Urdu, Punjabi, and Gujarati)|
|Total Number of Questions||200 Questions (180 Mandatory Questions)|
|Total Marks||720 Marks|
|Marking||+4 Marks for each correct answer|
-1 Mark for each wrong attempt
NEET 2023 Exam Date
Aspirants looking for NEET 2023 dates should first review the essential dates of NEET 2022 to see when the application form, admit card, exam date, and so on will be released. NTA will disclose the official schedule for NEET 2023, thus candidates must keep an eye on the official website on a regular basis. However, the expected date to start NEET registration will be around the last week of December.
NEET 2023 Schedule
|Notification for NEET 2023||To be announced|
|Release of NEET 2023 application form||To be announced|
|Last date to fill NEET 2023 application form||To be announced|
|Release of NEET admit card 2023||To be announced|
|NEET 2023 exam date||May 2, 2023 (Tentative)|
NEET 2023 Eligiblity Criteria
The applicant must meet the authority’s qualifying requirements. Candidates who are ineligible will not be permitted to sit the NEET test.
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as core courses from a recognised board in order to appear for the NEET test.
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as core subjects from a recognised board in order to appear for the NEET test. Mathematics scores will not be taken into account.
- Aggregate marks for various categories are -:
General Category (UR) – 50%
OBC/SC/ST – 45%
PWD – 40%
- For students in all categories, the minimum age requirement is 17 years old as of December 31st of the year of admission.
- The decision on the upper age restriction is currently being considered. As a result, individuals above the age of 25 are now able to apply for NEET 2022 till further notice.
- Certain communities are eligible for caste-based mark relaxation in the NEET test. Candidates from the OBC/SC/ST categories just need to score 40% in their 12th board exam to be eligible to appear for the NEET test.
- The NEET 2022 examination administration has prepared certain relaxation in marks and higher age restriction regulations to encourage and to bring specially-abled persons to the front lines.
NEET 2023 Application Form
The NEET 2023 application form and information bulletin will be available on the NTA’s official website, ntaneet.nic.in.The NEET application form is planned to be distributed in December 2022 to compensate for the delays in the medical academic calendar. Candidates must examine the list of documents and data to have handy before filling out the NEET 2022 application form.
NEET 2023 Application form: Requirments
Before enrolling for the NEET 2022, aspirants are encouraged to keep the documents required for the NEET 2022 application form. Having the documents ready ahead of time will allow aspirants to fill out the NEET application form more quickly and with minimal mistakes.
- Valid Mobile Number
- Valid Email Address
- Class 10 details and Class 12 details
- Father and Mother’s name
- Aadhaar number
- Class 12 Roll number issued by the Board/Election Card, Passport Number, ration card number, bank account or any other valid Govt. identity number
- Scanned images of passport-size photograph, signature, left-hand thumb impression, Class 10 pass certificate and postcard size photograph Details are given in the table below
- Credit/Debit card, Net Banking and UPI payment gateway details
|Category of Candidates||Types of permissible IDs|
|Indian Nationals of all States||Aadhaar Number (last 4 digits)/, Class XII Roll number issued by the Board, Election Card (EPIC No.), Ration Card, Bank Account Passbook with Photograph, Passport Number or Number of any other Photo Identity Card issued by Government.|
|NRIs||Passport Number, Aadhaar (last 4 digits)|
|Foreign Nationals/ OCI/PIO||Passport Number|
NEET 2023 Exam Pattern
The NEET 2023 exam will be held in offline format and will last 3 hours. For the forthcoming NEET 2023 test, 200 multiple-choice questions from Zoology, Botany Chemistry, and Physics will be asked. Out of 200 questions, 180 questions are mandatory. For each successful response, four points will be awarded, and one point will be lost for each incorrect attempt. The entire NEET 2023 exam pattern overview is given below.
|Exam Mode||Offline(Pen & Paper)|
|Language||English, Hindi, Tamil, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Oriya, Urdu, Marathi, and Telugu|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry, Zoology & Botany|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Marking||+4 Marks for each correct attempt|
|Negative Marking||Yes, 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong attempt|
NEET 2023 Syllabus
The NEET test syllabus for 2023 will be based on class 11 and 12-course curriculum comprising three subjects: physics, chemistry, and biology. Before beginning NEET preparation, it is critical to properly understand the NEET 2023 syllabus. Check the below table to get an abstract idea about the NEET syllabus
|Physics NEET Syllabus (11th)||Physics NEET Syllabus (12th)|
|Physical-world and measurement||Electrostatics|
|Laws of Motion||Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism|
|Work, Energy and Power||Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents|
|Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body||Electromagnetic Waves|
|Properties of Bulk Matter||Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation|
|Thermodynamics||Atoms and Nuclei|
|Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory||Electronic Devices|
|Oscillations and Waves|
|Chemistry NEET Syllabus(11th)||Chemistry NEET Syllabus(12th)|
|Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry||Solid State|
|Structure of Atom||Solutions|
|Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties||Electrochemistry|
|Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||Chemical Kinetics|
|States of Matter: Gases and Liquids||Surface Chemistry|
|Thermodynamics||General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements|
|Equilibrium||p- Block Elements|
|Redox Reactions||d and f Block Elements|
|s-Block Element (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)||Haloalkanes and Haloarenes|
|Some p-Block Elements||Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers|
|Organic Chemistry- Some Basic Principles and Techniques||Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids|
|Hydrocarbons||Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen|
|Chemistry in Everyday Life|
|Biology NEET Syllabus(Zoology & Botany – class 11th)||Biology NEET Syllabus (Zoology & Botany – class 12th)|
|Diversity in Living World||Reproduction|
|Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants||Genetics and Evolution|
|Cell Structure and Function||Biology and Human Welfare|
|Plant Physiology||Biotechnology and Its Applications|
|Human physiology||Ecology and environment|
NEET Physics Chapters with Weightage
NEET Chemistry Chapters with Weightage
NEET Biology Chapters with Weightage
NEET 2023 Study Materials
Study materials play a vital role in NEET preparation. Even though the NCERT is the base of NEET preparation other high-quality study materials need to be used along for best results. Some high-quality study materials that can be used for effective NEET preparation are mentioned below
- Concepts of Physics by H.C Verma
- Objective Physics by D.C Pandey
- Fundamental Physics by Pradeep Publications
- Chemistry by R.K Gupta
- Biology by Trueman- Vol 1 and 2
- Biology book by Pradeep Publications
- Objective biology by Dinesh
- Physical Chemistry by O.P Tandon
- Organic Chemistry by Morrison and Boyd
- Basidia Learning – Best App for NEET Preparation
Why Should you choose Basidia for your NEET Preparation?
Basidia is the most reliable NEET preparation platform. Basidia is a student favourite because of its student-friendly module curation and high-quality NEET content, both of which can positively benefit your NEET preparation. Each piece of material in basidia was created in compliance with the most recent NEET syllabus as well as the CBSE syllabus.
Read about the exciting features of Basidia here
NEET 2023 Preparation Tips
Coming to the NEET if you are determined enough you can easily crack the NEET examination. Go through the tips mentioned below to get a complete idea about the NEET preparation.
- Learn the Syllabus
- Choose high quality study materials
- Create a Study Planner
- Prepare Notes
- Regular Revisions
- Practice NEET MCQs Frequently
- Subject- Wise NEET Preparation
- Use NCERT Textbooks More
- Solve long theoretical answers & Quick calculation-based problems
- Don’t get Tensed or Stressed
- Manage the Pressure
Click the given link to read the blog in detail – NEET 2023 Preparations Tips & Strategies
Yes, there will be a NEET examination in 2023. Since its the one and only medical entrance test in the country.
It is necessary to devote at least 12-15 hours every day to NEET test preparation.
No. There won’t be any change in NEET 2023 syllabus.
The cut-off and other details will be released after the NEET 2023 examination only.
NEET is one of India’s most difficult competitive admission tests. So Yes, the NEET 203 will be tougher.