The National Testing Agency (NTA)conducts NEET 2022 (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) examinations for medical courses in the country. This is the one and only way for medical aspirants to get into a medical college. The NEET examination will be held once a year and the candidates who desire to write the examination need to apply for the examination online.
The NEET syllabus consists of Physics, Chemistry and Biology of NCERT class 11 and 12th syllabus. The examination will be conducted in pen and paper mode at different centres across the country. The application for NEET 2022 is expected to start by December of 2021 on the official website of NTA and the candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria will be able to apply for the NEET 2022 examination
In the year NEET 2020 16 lakh students registered for the NEET examination. Tight competition makes the NEET more difficult and tough to get through. Early preparation and hard work is the only way for the NEET aspirants to crack the NEET examination at ease.
Here in this blog, we will be providing NEET 2022 syllabus, exam pattern, weightage, study planner, tips and various other vital information regarding the NEET 2022 examination.
NEET 2022 Exam Schedule
|Notification for NEET 2022||To be announced|
|The application process for NEET 2022 commence at||To be announced|
|Last date to submit an application||To be announced|
|Release of NEET admit card||To be announced|
|NEET 2022 examination date||To be announced|
- Eligibility Criteria for NEET 2022
- NEET 2022 Application Form
- Caste Based Reservation:
- NEET 2022 Exam Pattern
- NEET 2022 Syllabus
- Preparation Tips for NEET 2022
- Timetable Preparation for NEET 2022
- Best Books for NEET 2022 Preparation
- Best Online Resource for NEET 2022 Preparation
Eligibility Criteria for NEET 2022
Around 16 lakhs of candidates attempt the NEET examination yearly and this just demonstrates the high competition level of the NEET examination. The candidates are recommended to start their preparation process earlier because of the high competition level. The class 11 students can also start their preparation if they are confident enough that they can handle the NEET preparation along with the board examination.
NTA, the NEET examination conducting authority has set certain eligibility criteria for the candidates who wish to appear for the NEET 2022 examination. Let’s have a look at the various eligibility criteria of the NEET 2022 examination.
Education Qualification for NEET 2022:
Students who have completed or appearing in 10,+2 or equivalent are eligible to attend the NEET examination
Minimum Age Requirement for NEET 2022
Students who plan to attend the NEET examination must have completed 17 years of age on or before 31st December 2022.
Nationality to Attend NEET 2022
As per the eligibility conditions put forward Indian nationals, NRI’s, Overseas Citizens of India, Pupils with Indian origin or Foreign Nationals are eligible to attend the NEET 2022 examination.
The students will have to study Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as core subjects from a recognized board to appear for NEET 2022 examination.
Minimum marks required for NEET 2022
The students who wish to attend the NEET 2022 examination must secure a minimum of 50% mark in Physics, Chemistry & Biology combined in 10 +2 examinations and in the case of candidates who belongs to the SC/ST/OBC-NCL category must have scored 40% of Marks.
NEET 2022 Application Form
NTA will release the application form for NEET 2022 through their official website as soon as the dates are announced. The application formalities can be complete in five steps and there are certain documents required for applying for the NEET 2022 examination.
Steps to complete the application process for NEET 2022
- Navigate to their official website & click on NEET 2022 registration.
- Fill the application form with the required details
- Upload the images required
- Complete your payment
- Print your completed application form
Documents Required for applying NEET 2022 examination
ID proofs: Identity cards such as aadhar, ration card, bank passbook, passport and any other government photo id card
Photographs: Scanned images of your passport size photo, postcard photographs, scanned images of thumbnail impression and Signature
Caste Based Reservation:
Caste-based reservation is very common in India with the aim to support backward citizens of the country. The NEET 2022 examination also provides special consideration for backward class people for their betterment. In the NEET examination, certain communities have a good relaxation for attending the NEET examination. Candidates belonging to SC, ST, OBC need to score only 40% marks for their 12th board examination to attend NEET 2022 examination and they even enjoy an upper age limit relaxation of 5 years.
NEET 2022 Exam Pattern
The NTA has announced a change in exam pattern in the year 2021 before starting the application process for NEET 2022. The below table gives you an abstract idea of the NEET 2022 exam pattern.
|Date of the Exam||Not yet announced|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Total number of Questions||The total number of questions in the NEET examination will be 200 but the candidate needs to attend only 180 questions for the NEET examination|
|Marking Scheme||* Four marks will be awarded for each right attempt|
* One mark will be deducted for each wrong attempt
* No marks will be awarded for unattended questions
NEET 2022 Syllabus
The syllabus of the NEET examination consists of three science subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Zoology & Botany). Understanding the syllabus is the first & foremost step of NEET preparation and having a thorough knowledge of the syllabus can help you score good marks in the NEET examination. You can check the weightage of each subject segregated topic-wise here
A quick glimpse at NEET 2022 syllabus & Topic wise weightage
a) Botany Important Topics & weightage for NEET 2022
|Subject||Topic & Weightage|
|Botany||Plant Diversity -12%|
Plant Anatomy – 4%
Plant Morphology – 7%
Cell Biology & Cell Division – 10%
Plant Physiology – 13%
Plant Reproduction – 9%
Genetics & Biotechnology – 24%
Biology in Human Welfare – 2%
Ecology – 16%
b) Zoology Important Topics & weightage for NEET 2022
|Subject||Topic & Weightage|
|Zoology||Animal Diversity – 10%|
Animal Tissue – 3%
Structural Organisation in animals – 2%
Human Physiology – 45%
Human Reproduction & Reproductive Health – 18%
Origin & Evolution – 10%
Animal husbandry – 3%
Human Health & Diseases – 9%
c) Physics Important Topics & weightage for NEET 2022
|Subject||Topics & Weightage|
|Physics||Centre of Mass – 1%|
Gravitation – 3%
Kinematics – 2%
Laws of Motion – 7%
Mechanics of Solids & Fluids – 3%
Oscillations – 3%
Rotational motion – 1%
System of Particle & Rigid Body – 7%
Units and Measurement – 2%
Waves – 4%
Work, Energy and Power – 4%
Kinetic Theory of Gases – 2%
Properties of Bulk Matter – 3%
Thermal Properties of Matter – 2%
Thermodynamics – 7%
Magnetic Effect of Current & Magnetism – 6%
Electric Charge & Field – 2%
Electromagnetic Wave – 1%
Electrostatic Potential & Capacitance – 2%
Electrostatics – 3%
Alternating Current – 3%
Current Electricity – 6%
Electromagnetic Induction – 2%
Semiconductor Electronics – 6%
Atoms & Nuclei – 5%
Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter – 4%
Ray Optics & Optical Instrument – 5%
Wave optics – 4%
d) Chemistry Important Topics & weightage for NEET 2022
|Subject||Topic & Weightage|
|Chemistry||Chemical Bonding – 9%|
P-block – 7%
Periodic Table & Periodicity in Properties – 4%
Hydrogen – 2%
S-block – 3%
Coordination Compounds – 6%
d-block & f-block Elements – 4%
Metallurgy – 2%
Qualitative Analysis – 2%
Hydrocarbons – 4%
General Organic Chemistry – 5%
Haloalkane – 2%
Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids – 3%
Polymer – 2%
Alkyl Halide, Alcohol & Ether – 4%
Aromatic Compounds – 6%
Biomolecules – 4%
Carbonyl Compounds – 4%
Organic Compounds containing nitrogen -3%
Chemistry in Everyday Life – 3%
Environmental chemistry – 2%
IUPAC & Isomerism – 4%
Practical Organic Chemistry – 2%
Atomic Structure & Nuclear Chemistry – 3%
Chemical Equilibrium – 3%
Ionic Equilibrium -4%
Redox Reactions -2%
Gaseous State – 3%
Mole Concept – 5%
Thermodynamics and Thermochemistry – 3%
Chemical Kinetics – 4%
Electrochemistry – 3%
Solid State – 3%
Solution & Colligative Properties – 4%
Surface Chemistry – 2%
Preparation Tips for NEET 2022
- Begin your studies with the highest weightage chapters. Create a timetable and arrange it according to its weightage.
- Prepare notes while studying. This will help you to make a collection of hot topics and concepts
- Be thorough with the formulas
- Collect previous year question papers. Working out previous year question papers can help you a lot in your preparation.
- Use high-quality study materials that can deliver good results
For a detailed guide on how to prepare for NEET? Click here
Timetable Preparation for NEET 2022
A timetable is a best and fast way for preparation. It helps you to track your preparation and with a well-drafted timetable, you will be able to make sure that all the portions are covered. Here we like to provide a well prepared effective study planner from our experts exclusively for the students who plan to attend NEET.
The one-year study planner allows you to plan your preparation ahead and make the most out of your time. We care about our students and we assist them in all possible ways. So unlike other study planners, we have even considered your board exams too. Let’s look at some features of Basidia’s study planner. Click the given link to get access to one year timetable for NEET 2022
Features of our one-year study planner/timetable
- The Basidia’s study planner is made on the assumption that the NEET 2022 examination will be held in June – July and your preparation can be started in the month of August.
- The planner is split into weeks to give a good clarity on the topics. Under each chapter we have added a relevant test series which you can access from Basidia’s app. It is highly recommended to attend the test series after completing each topic.
- The timetable is created by taking school schedule also into consideration
- Sufficient time is allotted in the study planner for the preparation of your board exam
It is recommended to download Basidia Learning App to get the maximum out of a one-year study planner for NEET.
Best Books for NEET 2022 Preparation
NCERT is the first and best book for NEET preparation since the whole NEET syllabus is based on NCERT topics but depending on NCERT alone cannot be considered as a wise option. Even Though NEET covers the NCERT syllabus, the examination is wide and a candidate who has got good exposure to various study materials can only crack the NEET examination at ease. There are various resources that we can rely on for NEET preparation along with the NCERT textbooks. Let’s have a check on it.
Reference books that can be used for NEET 2022 preparation
- Concepts of Physics by H. C. Verma
- Objective Physics by DC Pandey
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick, and Walker
- Fundamental Physics by Pradeep
- Problems in General Physics by IE Irodov
For Biology (Zoology & Botany)
- Biology Vol 1 and Vol 2 by Trueman
- Objective Biology by Dinesh
- Objective Botany by Ansari
- Pradeep Guide on Biology
- GRB Bathla publications for Biology
- ABC of Chemistry for Classes 11 and 12 by Modern
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by JD Lee
- Dinesh Chemistry Guide
- Practise books by VK Jaiswal (Inorganic), MS Chauhan (Organic) and N Awasthi (Physical)
- Physical Chemistry by OP Tandon
Best Online Resource for NEET 2022 Preparation
For NEET 2021 Basidia reported the highest strike rate with 168 questions out of 180 from our own test series. This simply proves that Basidia is the best study material for NEET preparation. Basidia is the first platform to introduce the NEET new pattern mock tests and we have a dedicated rank predictor which predicts your rank in accordance with your preparation. Other features of Basidia include
1. Chapter-wise practice tests that you can attend at any point of preparation. What we suggest is to attend the practice tests after finishing each topic. This helps you to have a thorough understanding of the topics,
2. Well programmed revision scheduler for scheduling your revisions. As you know, revisions help you to have a better grip on the topics you complete.
3. High yield points segregated according to their importance into hot, cold & warm. This is the most innovative way to learn important concepts easily
4. 600+ hours of video lectures and daily live sessions that help you to shape your preparation
5. Optimized search option for finding the desired topics at ease
6. NEET relevant concepts will be posted as story carousels on a daily basis.
7. More than 33,000 MCQ collections is another major factor that makes Basidia different from other learning sources.
8. Free counselling sessions to uplift the confidence in you.
9. And other UX features like dark mode, vertical video classes etc are other additional features
Sometimes hard topics can make you weak and you could feel hectic. But understand this, you have the ability to overcome any obstacles, you have got the power all in you, grab it and use it. Be confident and trust yourself. Wishing you all the success.
Come explore Basidia. We have everything a NEET 2022 aspirant require for his NEET preparation.