Ever since childhood, if your only dream was to become a Doctor, then NEET Exam is the only gateway to your dream medical career. When it comes to the topic of NEET, you would be surrounded by multiple opinions from kith and kin. It is often seen that there would be very few people to show you the right path and there would be many to discourage you.
Being students, all you could do in such situations would be to stand still, listen to all the opinions and finally end up in a chaotic mess. This blog is an ultimate preparation guide for all those students whose path towards NEET is unclear. Based on research and different analyses, we are here with effective tips & tricks that would help you to crack NEET in your very first attempt.
Before beginning your preparation, we expect you to have a thorough check on this blog in and out. Our NEET experts are very certain that this blog is going to help you in your preparation and if you are ready to follow the steps mentioned in this blog, the final win is your dream medical seat. So don’t miss out on any sections, go through the whole blog carefully and learn how to master your NEET preparation.
The Ultimate Goal
The aim in life is a reason for a person to work consistently with determination and passion. The passionate fascination towards your aim carves and shapes your destination. It paves the path for you to walk to your goal and it keeps you motivated.
Most of you or the ones close to you are aiming for NEET and that aim took you to this blog. If you have an ultimate aim and you are not ready to settle for anything less than your aim, no matter what, your aim would knock at your doors.
Holding a medical degree close to your heart should be your aim and you should realise that the NEET is just a starting milestone, the real journey begins after NEET. We hope you got a better idea to aim for what.
How To Prepare for NEET 2022?
Proper planning and execution are essential before every examination. Considering NEET, we have to schedule everything in a hand-picked way. Understanding the syllabus, creating a study timetable, working on previous year question papers likewise there are a lot of tasks which have to be planned and executed logically so that you will be able to crack the examination at the very first attempt itself.
Here we are sharing the best NEET preparation tips that would help you to get prepared and equipped for the coming NEET 2022 Examination.
If you are aiming to crack the upcoming NEET 2022, go through these
Follow these 10 Preparation tips to crack NEET 20222
1. Understand the NEET Exam Pattern & Syllabus
Understanding the NEET Pattern.
- NEET comprises a total of 180 questions which are divided into three subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Biology. The biology section has the highest number of questions which is 90 in total whereas the other two consist of 45 questions each. The marks awarded are also divided into three as 360 in Biology, 180 in chemistry and 180 in Physics.
- The other important point to keep in mind is the scoring pattern. The scoring pattern is in such a way that 4 marks are awarded for every correct answer and 1 mark is deducted for each wrong attempt.
- “Biology has the highest weightage so I am going to give more importance to it” , this is the thought we should abandon first. In NEET every section is important and if you are sticking only to one section that can lead you to a drastic disappointment. Equal importance should be given to all three subjects.
|Exam Mode||Offline(Pen & Paper)|
|Language||English, Hindi, Tamil, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Oriya, Urdu, Marathi, and Telugu|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry, Zoology & Botany|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Marking||+4 Marks for each correct attempt|
|Negative Marking||Yes, 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong attempt|
Understanding the NEET Syllabus.
Understanding the syllabus is essential while preparing for an examination. It’s the same for the NEET 2022 examination too. If you have a proper idea about the syllabus your work becomes easier. Given below are some NEET preparation tips regarding the syllabus focus.
- The NEET covers the NCERT topics, so consider the NCERT textbooks as the first option for preparation.
- Now check for the topics in all three subjects. Segregate the topics into three types and give them taglines as Easy, Medium, and Hard.
- Easy taglines should include the topics you are proficient in.
- Medium taglines should include the topics which are manageable at any point in time during preparation.
- Hard taglines should include topics that are difficult to follow.
- After having a clear picture of the exam pattern and syllabus, set a target score to achieve.
NEET PHYSICS SYLLABUS 2022
|Class 11th Physics NEET Syllabus||Class 12th Physics NEET Syllabus|
|Physical world and measurement||Electro statistics|
|Laws of Motion||Magnetic effects of Current and Magnetism|
|Work, Energy, and Power||Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents|
|Motion of systems of particles and rigid body||Electromagnetic waves|
|Properties of Bulk Matter||Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation|
|Thermodynamics||Atoms and Nuclei|
|Behavior of Perfect Gas and Kinetic theory||Electronic Devices|
|Oscillations and wave|
NEET CHEMISTRY SYLLABUS 2022
|Class 11th Chemistry NEET Syllabus||Class 12th Chemistry NEET Syllabus|
|Some basic concepts of Chemistry||Solid state|
|Structure of atom||Solutions|
|Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties||Electrochemistry|
|Chemical Bonding and Molecular structure||Chemical Kinetics|
|States of Matter: Gases and liquids||Surface Chemistry|
|Thermodynamics||General principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements|
|Equilibrium||P Block elements|
|Redox reactions||D and F block elements|
|s-Block elements (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)||Haloalkanes and Haloarenes|
|Some p-Block elements||Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers|
|Organic Chemistry – Some basic principles and techniques||Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids|
|Hydrocarbons||Organic compounds containing Nitrogen|
|Environmental chemistry||Biomolecules, Polymers and Chemistry in everyday life|
NEET BIOLOGY SYLLABUS 2022
|Biology NEET Syllabus(Zoology & Botany – class 11th)||Biology NEET Syllabus (Zoology & Botany – class 12th)|
|Diversity in the Living World||Reproduction|
|Structural Organisation – Plants and Animals||Genetics and Evolution|
|Cell Structure and Function||Biology and Human welfare|
|Plant Physiology||Biotechnology and its applications|
|Human physiology||Ecology and environment|
2. Build Your Own Time Table for NEET Preparation
After assigning tag lines as mentioned above, the next step would be to draft a timetable. Given below are a few steps to follow while building up a timetable.
- Place the topics which are assigned as easy in the first section of the timetable
- Place the topics which are assigned as Medium and Hard as the second and third section of the timetable respectively
- Follow the timetable and act accordingly. Never slip away from the drafted timetable.
- Keep one empty column in the timetable so that you could review yourself at the end of the day. This will help you validate yourself and can improve.
Having drafted a NEET timetable, the next step would be the execution of the same. Let us have a look at how to Execute the drafted timetable.
- Start the day with the topics which come under the easy tag line. Have a thorough reading of the topics and try answering as many questions as possible. Beginning with the easy topics would give you the confidence to face the hard and medium topics fearlessly.
- Dedicate more time to the Hard topics and revise them thoroughly on a daily basis.
- Medium-tagged topics should be considered next. Include the previous year’s question papers in this tag. Try solving almost all the questions from the previous year’s question paper and check with the answer key.
- Create your own questions and try solving them.
- Attend at least one mock test daily so that you can evaluate yourself and put up more hard work if required.
Don’t forget to take breaks in between, storming your brain too much will make you fall sick. A healthy mind can only derive wonderful results. Take rests in between so as to relax your Body and Mind.
Perfect Timetable for NEET 2022
Here we like to provide a well prepared effective study planner from our experts exclusively for the students who plan to attend NEET 2022
The one-year study planner allows you to plan your preparation ahead and make the most out of your time. We care about our students and we assist them in all possible ways. So unlike other study planners, we have even considered your board exams too. Let’s look at some features of Basidia’s study planner.
Click the given link to get access to a perfect timetable for NEET 2022
We have created a study planner for you guys. Please take a look at it
3. Prepare with High-quality Resources
Choosing the right reference material for NEET 2022 preparation would be a little difficult since there are a lot of materials readily available in the market. Selecting the best among them would be a little tricky. Remember ‘too much of anything is good for nothing, so it is always better to stick to a maximum of two to three study resources which would help you frame a better understanding.
Asking suggestions from your senior batch would help you to judge your preparation strategy and would let you evaluate the standard of the notes you prepared. Given below are some of the most reliable resources.
- NCERT: NCERT textbooks are the best study material for NEET Examinations since the syllabus is completely based on NCERT textbooks, so give importance to it.
- NTA Abhyas App: It helps to access various mock tests to prepare for the upcoming competitive exams.
- Basidia: It is a reliable source to practice, revise and understand different concepts of NCERT covering the entire NEET UG syllabus. It contains different test series, lessons, keys and video lectures that can help you in your journey.
4. Notes Preparation for NEET
- Preparation of notes is one of the important neet preparation tips that can help you understand and memorize the topics in a better way. Moreover, it improves your memory skills too.
- Refer to some high-quality study materials to prepare notes that help you to stay on the right track. You can use the internet as a source for choosing the best study material, you can even discuss your concerns with your teachers and you can post your doubts on online discussion forums too. While considering the online methods you can refer to the Keys From Basidia
- While preparing notes highlight the points which you feel is important so that you can have a quick read and in fact, that helps you to improvise your memory. These prepared notes can be used for last-minute revision purposes also.
Related link – How to prepare for NEET without coaching?
5. Clear Your Doubts
Seek help, clear all your doubts at the earliest because misconceptions can bring you failures in examination especially for NEET because of the negative marks. Keep in mind that NEET is a competitive exam and you are going to compete with 15 lakh candidates across the country.
6. Be Confident
“I can do it and I will” should be your success mantra. Believe in your talent and show a positive attitude towards the preparation, That would have a greater impact on your NEET exam preparation.
Proper planning and execution are essential before the NEET examination. Understanding syllabus, creating timetables, working on previous year questions, and the list goes on.
Avoid negative thoughts because when you think negatively your brain works in the same way and it can ruin the complete confidence and talent you have in yourself. Be confident! at the same time try not to be overconfident because overconfidence can bring everything upside down.
7. Revision and Practise
- Keep on practising because practise makes you perfect. It is always good to check the depth of your knowledge because that gives you a clear picture of yourself.
- Practice previous year question papers, try to solve at least 90 questions daily and try analyzing your mistakes and clear them.
- Practise more on weaker topics so that it doesn’t weaken you anymore.
- Attempt at least one mock test per day.
- Revise on a daily basis so as to brush up on your memory.
Also Read – NEET Previous Year Questions With Solutions
8. Healthy Diet
While preparing for an exam like NEET you have to be strong mentally as well as physically. The confidence and the talent in you can make your mind stronger but without physical health, your mind won’t travel the way you want. Following a healthy diet can make you physically and mentally stronger. It is important to follow a healthy diet during preparation. Eat iron-rich foods because they can boost your thought process. Include leafy vegetables and vitamin B rich foods in your diet. Make sure to avoid all types of caffeine sources.
9. Get Proper Sleep
- Sleep refreshes you. Make sure to sleep for 7-8 hours. Avoiding sleep will affect concentration and leads to the dullness of mind. A good night sleep before the exam makes you more active.
- Keep away smartphones from your beds. The smartphone screen emits enriched blue lights that can prevent the production of ‘melatonin a hormone that helps to achieve a refreshing sleep. Plan your bedtime in advance, so that you can calculate the exact hours you could sleep.
10. Proper Exercise
Stress is a common factor which most students face while preparing for competitive exams such as NEET. Regular exercises can help you keep stress at bay. Going for a regular walk or doing yoga can help you reduce your stress and boost your performance.
You should check out the related blogs given below
Keep up with regular updates
Update yourself with authentic information regarding your exam and don’t rely on “fake news for the most important exam of your life.
Following are the list of a few sites that you can trust
- http://ntaneet.nic.in/: This site gives information regarding the results, application forms, admit cards and all other important details related to the NEET exam
- https://nta.ac.in/: This site provides information about all the active examinations conducted by the NTA including NEET, E-certificate UGC-NET and mock tests.
- https://mcc.nic.in/: This site primarily provides information regarding the counselling schemes, counselling schedule and participating institutions for graduate medical and dental seats.
- The official Twitter account of National Testing Agency (@DG NTA): This is also an authentic and reliable resource for getting recent developments and updates regarding the NEET exam
Challenges you would face as a NEET Aspirant
- High Competition – NEET is the one and only examination to get into a medical course. The pan India examination is attended by more than 15 lakhs of students yearly and it proves the kind of competition it puts forward. The competition for the NEET examination increases each year so the candidates.
- Vast Syllabus – NEET aspirants are often seen struggling with the vastness of the syllabus. Class 11th & Class 12th syllabus are combined together in the NEET examinations and this is a huge content to work on but if dealt properly it can yield you good results.
- Time management – Time management is the most vital part of attending an examination like NEET. NEET has 200 questions out of which 180 needs to be attended and a total of 180 minutes to complete the whole exam. That means the time limit for one question is 1 minute and this is the biggest challenge you are going to face for the NEET examination.
- Pressure and Stress – The pressure from the family side is the another challenge the NEET aspirants are going to face. There are high chances for your parents to question you regarding the preparation techniques or the study time you follow. That can lead you into tension. You might feel stressed out because of the stress, you will get exhausted very easily leading to lack of concentration. So it’s always better to share all details regarding your preparation methods, study techniques, your plans etc with your family. They have more experience and they can definitely give you some better suggestions for you.
- Lack of confidence – Lack of confidence is something which can destroy you in and out. For attending a big exam like NEET, you need a stronger mind and strong determination. This can be gained only by developing self confidence in you. Always believe in yourself, think positively end of the day success will be yours
Related link – Disadvantages fo Dropping a year for NEET
What after NEET?
The results of the NEET examination will be announced one month after the examination and by that time you will be so normal and relaxed. Sleepless preparation won’t be there, No stressed-out evenings, you will slowly forget the exam fear, the tensions you have undergone etc. Life will be normal as before. Let’s see some common activities usually the candidates do after the NEET exam.
Before the results
Soon after the NEET examination ends, candidates must check the answer keys from available sources and validate their performance
Candidates should calculate their NEET score and try to predict their rank and on the basis of previous year NEET admission trends, they would be able to realise which medical college or dental college they are going to get into.
After the NEET results
Have you ever thought about this? Imagine that you had put up a lot of hard work and as a result, you have cracked the NEET examination. Your parents, family, all your friends, your teachers and everyone who knows you personally will be happy about you, right? Do you know what will be the next step after these celebrations, happiness and all?
- Apply for counselling process
After the results most of the candidates will be confused about the further steps.There are counselling processes conducted by different bodies to help the NEET winners to conduct admission procedures. These counselling sections are not led by NTA. The role of NTA is so limited to conduct examinations and publish the results. There are three types of counselling
a) AIQ or All India Quota
All central and deemed universities such as AIIMS, BHU, etc along with 15 percent seats of all government medical and dental colleges seats will be filled under this process. The exception to this is only the state of Jammu Kashmir and admissions to the colleges in Jammu kashmir comes under state quota counselling. AIQ counselling will be conducted by MCC (Medical Counselling Committee).
b) State Quota counselling
This is for the admission to remaining 85% of government college seats and the private college seats will also be filled with this. The state quota seats are reserved to candidates who belong to that particular state and the candidates from other states are not eligible to participate in this counselling process. The State Quota Counselling will be conducted by the representative of the state government
C) Ayush Counselling
Counselling for Ayush courses will be conducted by AYUSH Admissions Central Counselling Committee (AACCC). They will carry out the process of admission for all the Ayush colleges in India including the deemed universities and the 15% of Government, Government aided, Central, Private and National colleges.
What if you are unable to qualify ?
If you are very determined to hold a medical degree, do not mind giving another year. Start your preparation from the very next day. Work hard with a dedicated mind, hard work will never go in vain. Realise the mistakes you made last time and try not to repeat them. A perfect human will learn from his mistakes and he will yield success from that learning.
If you are not interested in giving up one year, you have plenty of options to pick. There are many types of courses, which includes paramedical careers like Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Nursing etc. You can choose a better course, a better college and spend your college life happily.
Dear Students, Always note, NEET is not the end of your career or life. This world is full of opportunities. If not NEET you will have other lakhs and lakhs of choices to pick from. Always keep in mind that “A man becomes successful by his character not by his career”.
We hope these tips could help you in the preparation for the NEET 2022 examinations. Always remember there is no time like the present to start. Have belief in yourself and work hard because at the end of the day hard work pays off. Wish hard, dedicate yourself because dreams do come true. We wish that your medical dreams come true. Prepare well, Attend well.
Wishing you all the best for the NEET 2022 Exam
Basidia – Best App for NEET Preparation