NEET is a highly competitive exam that requires a lot of hard work and dedication. From the day NTA announces the official dates for NEET students would begin the countdown for NEET. They prepare day in and out just to score well for the 3hours exam thereby ensuring their dream medical seat. Soon after the NEET exam gets over, students would be excited to know their scores and would be eagerly waiting to know their scores and ranks.
As per the official notification released by NTA, NEET 2021 would be held on 12th September 2021. The correct answers for the questions that were asked in the NEET exam will be released by the NTA in the form of answer keys. NTA usually releases the official answer key on their website http://neet.nta.nic.in/. As per the information bulletin released by NTA, the date for the release of the NEET 2021 Answer key is yet to be announced. You can find the important dates regarding NEET-2021 in the below table.
|Online Submission of Application Form||13th July 2021 to 6th August 2021|
|Last date of successful transaction of fee||7th August 2021|
|Correction in Particulars of Application Form on the website only||8th August 2021 to 12th August 2021|
|Announcement of the City of Examination||20th August 2021|
|Downloading of Admit Cards from NTA website||To be released 3 days before the examination|
|Date of Examination||12th September 2021|
|Duration of Examination||180 minutes (3 hours)|
|Timing of Examination||2:00 PM to 5:00 PM|
|Display of Recorded Responses and Answer Keys||To be announced later on the website|
|Declaration of Result on NTA website||To be announced later on the website|
Calculating the NEET-UG score using the NEET Answer Key 2021
There would be many private institutions that would be releasing the unofficial answer keys for NEET. If you remember the marked answer, you can always refer to the unofficial answer keys and calculate the scores accordingly. Scores can be calculated as shown below:
|For every correct answer||+4|
|For every wrong answer||-1|
|For multiple responses for the same question||-1|
|For skipped questions||0|
Your scores can be calculated as per the below formula:
Total marks secured= (No. of correct answers x 4) – No. of wrong answers
The above method lets you predict your scores but you may not be able to predict your ranks and the probability of getting into a good medical college. Instead of this traditional method, if you download the Basidia app you will be able to predict your approximate rank.
Challenging NEET Answer Key 2021
Soon after NTA releases the answer key, you can cross-check the answers. If you feel some answers are incorrect or any such discrepancies, you have an option to raise objections. You will have to pay a certain amount of money to raise the objection and challenge the answer key. If your challenge was found to be correct, you would get a refund of the amount paid. There will be a deadline for challenging the answer key.
Steps to challenge NEET answer key 2021
You can follow the below steps to challenge the NEET answer key.
- NTA will activate a direct link to challenge the answer key a few weeks after the NEET exam.
- Enter your credentials
- Click on the Key challenge tab
- Select the test booklet code for which you found a discrepancy in the answer
- Choose the question you wish to challenge
- Choose the answer which you feel is correct. You can provide additional comments on the same
- Click on submit. Before clicking on submit verify if you have mentioned everything correctly.
- You will be redirected to the payment page.
- Once payment is successful you will be directed to the confirmation page where the payment details will be mentioned along with the details of the question challenged.
- Keep a printout of the same for reference
Download NEET 2021 Answer Key below
Basidia usually releases an unofficial answer key for NEET soon after the NEET exam gets over. This will be released in the form of a mock test, wherein you will be able to take up the test, choose the options which you had given in the OMR, once you are done, submit the test. You will get to see a detailed scorecard and your predicted rank along with your eligibility and probability of getting MBBS seats.
You can find the step by step procedures below:
- Download the Basidia app from Google Play Store.
- Create an account and Login
- Tap on Mock test
- You will get a list of neet mock tests. Choose the required answer key
- Tap on Start
- Mark the answers. You will get to know your actual scores if you mark exactly the same answers that you had marked on the OMR sheet.
- Once you are done, tap on submit test
- You will get a detailed scorecard along with your predicted rank.
- Below the rank will be a graph that shows your eligibility and you can check the below parameters too:
- Probability to get an MBBS seat
- Probability to get into top MBBS seat in your state
- Probability to get into top MBBS seat in India
What to do if you are unable to recollect the answers you marked on the OMR sheet?
If you are unable to recollect the answers marked on the OMR sheet, you need not worry. NTA will be releasing your responses with the official answer key on their website few weeks after the NEET exam, you can mark the same answers on the Basidia app and can get your predicted Rank.
Should you Panic seeing your Rank?
You need not worry seeing your ranks. If you find that your scores are less or if you feel that you were not able to give your best, do not panic instead hope for the best. Everything happens for a good reason. We are all in a world full of opportunities, do not give up and keep moving forward.
Keep in mind the below points after checking your predicted rank.
- Talk to your parents and tell them your predicted rank.
- Don’t stress out yourself. You had put in your best and hope for the best.
- Give yourself some rest because you would be tired after long preparations.
- Sleep well and eat well
- Spend some quality time with your family and friends
Previous year NEET answer keys
It is an essential part of NEET preparation to work out the previous year question papers. Experts and toppers suggest working out chapter wise previous year questions soon after studying a topic will help you to have an idea about the types of questions that can be asked from a particular chapter. The benefits of working out chapter wise previous year questions are as follows:
- Gives an idea about the kind of questions that could be asked from the chapter such as
- Match the following
- Statement questions
- You will get to know the frequently test concepts from a particular chapter
- You can focus more on the frequently tested concepts during the last-minute revisions
- You can invest additional time on frequently tested concepts if you are not thorough with them.
You can find previous year question papers segregated chapter wise with detailed solutions in the Basidia app.
You can find the official answer keys for previous year papers released by NTA below.
We wish you all the best, we hope to see you in Basidia MED as an elegant Medical student from one of the reputed medical colleges in the country.