The NEET 2021 examination took place under strict COVID protocols and according to reports more than 16 lakhs of students from all around the country have registered for the NEET examination. The result of the NEET examinations are expected to be released towards the end of October and students are eagerly waiting for the results. The NEET counselling will be conducted soon after the results under the guidance of respective authorities.
The Maharashtra Directorate of Medical Education and Research (DMER) is the official authority for Maharashtra MBBS admission. The information brochure for Maharashtra MBBS 2021 admission will be available at info.mahacet.org and Following the release of the booklet, DMER will begin online registration for Maharashtra NEET admission. Here in this article let’s read about the complete state counselling process of Maharashtra.
Maharashtra MBBS Admission 2021: Important Dates
|Release of information Broucher||Yet to be announced|
|Start date||Yet to be announced|
|Last date to fill the application||Yet to be announced|
|Last date for fee payment||Yet to be announced|
|Online Choice Filling||Yet to be announced|
|Release of Merit list||Yet to be announced|
|Release of Selection List||Yet to be announced|
|Reporting to the allotted college||Yet to be announced|
Maharashtra MBBS Admission 2021: NEET Admission 2021
Admissions to different medical colleges in Maharashtra will be allocated by the respective authority on the basis of NEET scores. The below table shows the seat distribution and admission criteria to these medical seats
|Seat Distribution||Admission Criteria|
|Admission to 15% of AIQ seats||MCC will conduct the counselling process in two rounds and the admissions will be based on the NEET scores|
|Admission to 85% of state quota seats||Maharashtra’scounselling authority called DMER organizes seat allotment for admission to 85 per cent of state quota seats in MBBS based on NEET scores.|
|Admissions to various Private Medical Colleges||DMER will use NEET information to allocate admission to private medical college seats|
|Admission to Deemed universities||MCC conducts three rounds of seat allotment for admissions in Deemed Universities|
|Admission to Central universities||MCC conducts three rounds of seat allotment for admissions in Central Universities|
Maharashtra MBBS Admission 2021: Eligibility Criteria
Nationality: Who are eligible?
- OCI-Overseas Citizens of India
- Candidates outside Maharashtra
OCIs are eligible for medical admission in government, cooperation, government-aided, and private unaided colleges in 2021. NRIs are only eligible for institutional quota admission, which is 15% of seats at private unaided colleges.
Candidates must be Maharashtra residents or have lived in the state for a minimum of ten years.
Candidates born on or before December 31, 2020, are only eligible.
- Students must have completed their Class 12 at a state-based school or institute
- In the class 12 examination, UR students must achieve at least 50% in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English, while reserved candidates must score at least 40% in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.
Maharashtra MBBS Admission 2021: Previous Year Cut off
|Category||NEET UG cutoff percentile||NEET cut off 2020 score|
Related Blog – Everythig you want to know about NEET Counselling
The cut-off score for NEET 2021 will be announced soon
Maharashtra MBBS Admission 2021: Admission Procedure
Steps to fill the application form
- Go to their official website
- Fill up your personal information, such as your name, parent’s name, category, and birth date.
- Enter NEET 2021 information such as application form number, marks obtained, and so on.
- Enter the details of your Class 10 and 12 or comparable exams, including the state, district, qualifying status, passing year, and marks earned.
- Fill in reservation details
- Pay the required fee amount using online transaction method
- After filling all details carefully you can upload the required documents.
Documents to upload
- A copy of the NEET application form for 2021
- NEET 2021 Admit Card
- Any photo ID proof
- NEET 2021 Result Copy.
- Nationality Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Class 10 board exam certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Class 12 marks card
- Medical fitness certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Reservation Certificate (if applicable)
- Special reservation claim (if applicable)
- Minority Certificate (if applicable)
- Transfer Certificate
Document Verification Centres
|Mumbai||Grant Government Medical College|
|Aurangabad||Aurangabad Government Medical College|
|Nagpur||Nagpur Government Medical College|
|Pune||B.J. Government Medical College|
Maharashtra MBBS Admission 2021: Top 10 Medical Colleges
|No||College||No. of seats|
|01||Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Sawangi (Meghe), Wardha||250|
|02||Smt. Kashibai Navale Medical College and General Hospital||150|
|03||ACPM Medical College||100|
|04||Dr Shankarrao Chavan Govt. Medical College||150|
|05||Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences||200|
|06||Padmashree Dr D.Y.Patil Medical College||250|
|07||Grant Medical College||250|
|08||Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College||200|
|09||Aurangabad Government Medical College||200|
|10||Nagpur Government Medical College||250|
Related Blogs you should definitely read
- Top 10 Government Medical Colleges in Maharashtra
- Top 10 Private Medical Colleges in Maharashtra
- NEET Counselling FAQS 2021
- NEET Conuselling Mistakes Students should Avoid
- Kerala NEET 2021 Counselling: Dates, Eligibility, Admission & cut-off
- NEET Counselling 2021: MBBS Counselling Process & Cut-off in Uttar Pradesh
- Gujarat NEET Counselling 2021: Dates, Eligibility & Procedure
- Maharashtra NEET Counselling 2021 : Dates, Eligibility & Cut offs
- Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2021: Dates, Cut-Off & Eligibility