Kerala is a southern state of India, famous for its scenic beauty and literacy rate. It has a numerous number of reputed schools and colleges. The state is home to 13 government and 21 private medical colleges. The MBBS admissions for medical colleges in Kerala are expected to start by the end of October 2021.
Counselling for MBBS, BDS, and other medical seats in Kerala is handled by the Commissioner of Entrance Exams Kerala. Counselling for medical courses will be announced following the release of the NEET-UG 2021 results. Aspirants may find information about MBBS admissions in Kerala, as well as the cutoff, on this page.
Kerala MBBS Admission 2021: Important Dates
|NEET-UG Examination 2021 result||Not yet announced|
|Submission of NEET 2021 result||Not yet announced|
|Merit list MBBS/BDS Published on||Not yet announced|
|Choice Filling||Not yet announced|
|First Counselling||Not yet announced|
|Reporting to College & Fees payment||Not yet announced|
|Round two result||Not yet announced|
|Mop-up round registration||Not yet announced|
|Mop-up result||Not yet announced|
|Last date to report to the allotted college||Not yet announced|
Related blog – NEET 2021 Counselling Dates, Admission & Cutoffs
Kerala MBBS Admission 2021: Application Fees
|SC Candidates||INR 300|
|ST Candidates||They are exempted from fees|
Kerala MBBS Admission 2021: Admission rules in Kerala
Persons of Indian Origin / Overseas citizens of India would be considered equally with Indian citizens for the purpose and term of admissions for MBBS. Reservations are not applicable for the candidates who belong to both these two categories. Applicants who seek MBBS admission in Kerala are categorized into two, which are Keralite and Non-Keralite.
- Candidates of Kerala descent, as well as children of All India Service officers, eventhough they are non-keralites but alloted to the Kerala cadre, are eligible to apply under this category.
- Children of All India Service officers, eventhough they are non-Keralites but assigned to the Kerala cadre are ineligible for Communal/Special/PwD reservation or fee concessions.
Non-Keralite Category: 1
A candidate who is not of Kerala origin but meets any of the admission criteria listed below would be eligible for this category. These students may apply for ‘State Merit’ seats, but they will not be eligible for Communal/Special/PwD reservations or fee reductions.
- A candidate who has completed 10+2 or equivalent in Kerala and is the son/daughter of non-Keralites in the Government of India/Defence Service and has been posted to Kerala.
- Children of non-keralites who have served the government of kerala for minimum two years or currently serving government of kerala are eligible. Candidates of this category must have studied 10 +2 or equivalent in Kerala.
- A candidate who is not of Kerala origin but has lived in Kerala State for at least 5 years during the 12 years of his/her studies.
- A candidate who is not of Kerala origin but has studied in Kerala from grade VIII to XII.
Non-Kerlaite Category: 2
Candidates who do not fall under the ‘Keralite’ or ‘Non-Keralite’ categories will be considered in this category. Such candidates are ineligible for admission to government colleges for MBBS/BDS. Regardless of their domicile, they will be eligible for the 15% seats at Kerala’s Self-Financing Medical Colleges. These candidates will also be ineligible for Communal/Special/Persons with Disabilities reservations or fee concessions.
Related Blog – Common Mistakes to Avoid in NEET Counselling
Kerala MBBS Admission 2021 : Admission Procedures
- Candidates who have passed NEET and are eligible according to the criteria given by CEE Kerala should apply on the official website. They must register, submit the application, and pay the necessary counselling fees.
- A merit-based rank list based on NEET ranks will be released. This will serve as a basis for the allotment.
- The counselling and allotment procedure is carried out using a Centralised Allotment Process via a Single Window System (‘Ekajalakam’ in malayalam).
- If they are eligible based on the rank list, candidates must submit their choice of colleges
- Following the announcement of allotments, they must confirm the same by paying the stipulated amount and having their documents confirmed.
Kerala MBBS Admission 2021 : Cut off
NEET Cut-Off : Top Government Medical colleges in Kerala
|Government Medical College, Kollam||790|
|Government Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram||452|
|Government Medical College, Kottayam||669|
|Government Medical College, Kozhikode||328|
|Government Medical College, Thrissur||748|
|Government Medical College, Ernakulam||808|
NEET Cut-Off : Top Private Medical colleges in Kerala
|Pushpagiri Institute of Medical Science and Research Centre, Thiruvalla||2619|
|Jubilee Mission Medical College and Research Institute, Thrissur||2114|
|MES Academy of Medical Sciences, Malaparamba||2897|
|Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church Medical College, Kolenchery||2522|
|Amala institute of Medical Sciences, Amalanagar||2294|
Related Blogs you should definitely read
- Top 10 Private Medical Colleges in Kerala
- Top 10 Government Medical Colleges in Kerala
- NEET Counselling FAQS 2021
- NEET Conuselling Mistakes Students should Avoid
- Kerala NEET 2021 Counselling: Dates, Eligibility, Admission & cut-off
- NEET Counselling 2021: MBBS Counselling Process & Cut-off in Uttar Pradesh
- Gujarat NEET Counselling 2021: Dates, Eligibility & Procedure
- Maharashtra NEET Counselling 2021 : Dates, Eligibility & Cut offs
- Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2021: Dates, Cut-Off & Eligibility