The Himachal Pradesh NEET Counselling will commence following the publication of the NEET 2021 results. The registration process will be done online. The counselling process will be held in two rounds with a mop-up round, being held only if vacant seats remain.
The Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla is the authorized body to host the HP NEET Counselling in 2021. The marks acquired in NEET 2021 will be used to determine admission to MBBS/BDS programmes. There will be no separate test held by the Himachal Pradesh University, for the admission process.
In this blog, you will get detailed information about the overview, schedule, seat intake and admission process.
Himachal Pradesh NEET Counselling 2021 Overview
|Name of the examination||NEET-UG|
|NEET 2021 Result Date||01 November 2021|
|MCC AIQ NEET 2021 Starting Date||To be announced soon|
|Himachal Pradesh NEET Counselling Date||To be announced soon|
|No of Govt MBBS Seats in Himachal Pradesh||720|
|No of Private MBBS Seats in Himachal Pradesh||150|
|No of Govt BDS Seats in Himachal Pradesh||75|
|No of Private BDS seats in Himachal Pradesh||280|
Himachal Pradesh NEET Counselling 2021 Dates
|Availability of HP MBBS application form 2021||To be announced|
|Last date to register online||To be announced|
|Date of corrections in particulars and updating fee||To be announced|
|Display of provisional merit list||To be announced|
|Date of corrections in choice of courses/colleges||To be announced|
|First-round result of HP MBBS Counselling 2021||To be announced|
|Round 1 result for BDS||To be announced|
|Last date of reporting at the allotted college||To be announced|
|Second round of counselling schedule||To be announced|
|Date of corrections in choices||To be announced|
|Round 2 seat allotment result||To be announced|
|Last date to report at counselling||To be announced|
Himachal Pradesh NEET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- The applicants must have the domicile certificate of Himachal Pradesh.
- The applicants must have reached the age of 17 by December 2021.
- The applicants must have completed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology as the compulsory subjects.
- 50% marks for UR/EWS candidates
- 40% marks for SC/ST candidates
- 45% marks for PwD candidates
NEET Result Qualifying Percentile & Score
|Category||Qualifying Marks||Cut-Off Marks 2021|
College Wise Seat Intake
|Name of the Institute||Type of the Institute||Number of seats offered|
|Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla||Government||102|
|Dr Rajendra Prasad Government Medical College||Government||102|
|Dr Yashwant Singh Parmar Government Medical College||Government||102|
|Shree Lal Bahadur Shastri Government Medical College||Government||66|
|Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru Government Medical College||Government||102|
|Dr Radhakrishnan Government Medical College||Government||102|
|Maharishi Markandeshwar Private Medical College||Private||38|
|H.P. Government Dental College & Hospital||Government||51|
|Himachal Dental College & Hospital||Private-unaided||30|
|MN DAV Dental College||Private-unaided||30|
|Bhojia Dental College & Hospital Budh||Private-unaided||30|
|Himachal Institute of Dental Sciences||Private-unaided||50|
Himachal Pradesh NEET Counselling 2021 Process
The candidates who are seeking admission to the MBBS programmes will have to complete the counselling process in the procedure given below.
1. The candidates have to pay the registration fee and register on the official website of the counselling authority.
2. Based on the NEET 2021 results, the authorities will produce a state merit list. The list will include the names of the qualified applicants.
3. The candidate’s admission is based on the eligibility requirements established by the relevant college and the availability of seats in order of merit.
4. Candidates must select their courses and colleges, depending on which seat allocation will take place.
5. Candidates must attend the counselling venue on the specified day and time.
6. The candidates who do not meet the qualifying criteria established by the required medical institution are eligible for admission through Quota seats.
7. During the counselling time, the counselling committee of the college will verify the candidate’s data and qualifications.
8. The candidates will have to provide a copy of their online application form and other required documents during the admission process.
Himachal Pradesh NEET Counselling Seat Allotment Process
In the state of Himachal Pradesh, there are around 860 MBBS seats that will be filled through NEET 2021. The candidates whose names will appear on the merit list will be eligible to participate in the counselling process. Seat allotment will be done based on the candidates’ merit list ranking.
Applicants on the combined category merit list will be assigned seats first, followed by candidates on the category merit lists. The seat allocation is based on factors such as
- Availability of the seats in the respective college
- Position of the candidate based on the NEET score
- Category of the candidate
- Choice filled by the candidate
The candidates will get an admission letter that is issued in online mode from the respective colleges within 2-3 days of completing the counselling procedure. After that, the candidates have to visit the particular institutions to complete the admission process.
Documents Required for Himachal Pradesh NEET Counselling
- NEET Score Card
- 10th Mark Sheet
- Admit Card
- 12th mark sheet
- Birth Certificate
- Passport Size Photo
- Caste Certificate
- Aadhar Card
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Fee Payment Receipt
- Print Out of Application Form
FAQs on Himachal Pradesh NEET Counselling 2021 –
The NEET scorecard can be used in India for the current academic year, while applicants who desire to study abroad can use it for three years.
The candidates who qualify for the NEET 2021 will be eligible to participate in the Himachal Pradesh MBBS/BDS counselling.
The Himachal Pradesh University (HPU), Shimla, conducts admission for Himachal NEET 2021.
For HP NEET Counselling, the application fee is Rs 2,000 for General/OBC candidates and Rs 1,000 for SC/ST candidates.
The mode of counselling for Himachal Pradesh NEET Counselling 2021 is online.