Goa, the smallest state of India, is located about 250 miles south of Bombay. Sandy beaches and estuaries characterize the mainland of Goa. It is the most popular tourist destination due to its beaches, sites of worship and world heritage buildings.
Higher Education In Goa –
Goa is one of the 14 states with higher education access than the national average of 12.14. The state government has made higher education more accessible and it is not limited to cities. The government has also made education more financially accessible.
For students interested in various streams, Goa has 25 affiliated colleges and institutions, 32 affiliated professional colleges and recognized institutions, 23 affiliated technical colleges and 22 open schools. Due to the presence of a booming tourism economy, work opportunities are plentiful. The state’s education system is also receiving a lot of attention from the administration.
Medical Education In Goa –
The people of Goa are serious about their education. There are two private medical colleges in Goa are the Goa Medical College and Goa Dental College.
The Goa NEET 2021 Counselling will be conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education, Goa. The NEET entrance exam is used to determine admission to the MBBS and BDS programs. To participate in the counselling, candidates must have a valid scorecard. Counselling is held for 85 per cent of the state quota seats available in all of the state’s medical and dentistry universities. This blog contains all the information candidates need to know regarding Goa NEET 2021 counselling.
Goa NEET Counselling 2021 Overview
|Name of the examination||NEET-UG|
|Conducted by||DTE, MCC|
|NEET 2021 Result Date||01 November 2021|
|MCC AIQ NEET Counselling Starting Date||To be announced|
|Goa NEET Counselling Starting Date||To be announced|
|No of Govt MBBS Seats in Goa||160|
|No of Govt BDS Seats in Goa||50|
Goa NEET Counselling 2021 Dates
|Round 1 ( Registration, Choice filling & locking, seat allotment and reporting at the colleges)||To be announced soon|
|Round 2 ( Registration, Choice filling & locking, seat allotment and reporting at the colleges)||To be announced soon|
|Mop-Up Round||To be announced soon|
Eligibility Criteria for Goa NEET Counselling 2021
- The applicants must have the domicile certificate of Goa.
- The applicants must have reached the age of 17 by December 2021.
- The applicants must have completed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology as the compulsory subjects.
- 50% marks for UR/EWS candidates
- 40% marks for SC/ST candidates
- 45% marks for PwD candidates
Goa MBBS Counselling Criteria –
|Type of seats||Counselling||Counselling authority|
|15% All India Quota seats||NEET 2021 counselling||MCC|
|All seats in central/deemed universities seats||NEET counselling 2021||MCC|
|85% state quota seats||Goa MBBS counselling||DTE, Bardez|
Category Wise Seat Reservation
|Category||% of seats reserved|
|Daughter/Son of defence personnel||2|
Goa NEET Counselling 2021 Cut Off –
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut Off 2021|
Goa NEET Counselling College Wise Seat Intake
|Institute name||Course||15% AIQ seats||85% state quota seats|
|Goa Medical College, Bambolim||MBBS||27||153|
|Goa Dental College, Bambolim||BDS||8||42|
Goa NEET Counselling Process 2021
1. Applicants must complete the online application form and pay the fees to attend the counselling process.
2. Applicants can choose a college of their choice/preference from the seats available during admission based on their NEET-UG score.
3. For seat allocation, applicants must be present at the assigned counselling place.
4. Candidates must remember that admission is only complete if they have submitted all original documents and have paid the fees.
5. Applicants must report to the assigned college within three working days after a successful seat allotment.
Selection Procedure –
1. The merit list for the selected candidates will be prepared by the Exam Conducting Authority.
2. The applicants will be selected based on their NEET-UG score and choice filling during the counselling process.
3. The applicants have to report to the allotted college with the required documents.
4. If the candidate fails to report to the assigned college, the seat will be lost.
Seat Allotment Process –
1. The Goa NEET Counselling process will be held in two rounds. The seat allotment process will depend on the choices and ranks obtained by the candidates.
2. The result of the final seat allotment process will be published on the official website of the Directorate of Health Services, Government of Goa.
Documents Required for Goa NEET Counselling
- NEET Score Card
- 10th Mark Sheet
- Admit Card
- 12th mark sheet
- Birth Certificate
- Passport Size Photo
- Caste Certificate
- Aadhar Card
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Fee Payment Receipt
- Print Out of Application Form
FAQs on Goa NEET Counselling 2021
NEET counselling for 85% of the state quotes seats will be conducted by DTE, Bardez. NEET Counselling for 15% of All India Seats will be conducted by MCC
A total of 50 BDS seats are offered in Goa NEET Counselling.
The Goa MBBS counselling in 2021 would be done online
The entire counselling process will be completed in two rounds.
The candidates must fill the online application form by visiting the official website at dte.goa.gov.in.