The NEET, the country’s single medical admission test, is scheduled to take place in August 2022. Preparing for a difficult competitive test such as the NEET is a challenging task. Now NEET 2022 aspirants are months away from the NEET examination and Candidates must be thinking about how they would crack NEET in 6 months. Well, if applicants are ready to use their time in the most effective manner, they can easily crack NEET in 6 months.
Yes, it is possible to crack NEET in 6 months provided the candidate must be following appropriate preparation methods and they should realize that only proper preparation methods can assist applicants in cracking the NEET in six months. Here in this article, we will share some effective methods that can be implemented in your NEET 2022 preparation.
How to Crack NEET in 6 months?
Before starting with the tips, candidates should understand that you are going to compete with lakhs of aspirants from all around the country. The competition for the NEET 2022 exam is really tough as more than 15 lakh students appear for the NEET exam every year for only 83,075 MBBS, 26,949 BDS, 52,720 AYUSH, and 525 BVSc and AH seats including 1,899 AIIMS and 249 JIPMER seats.
In this 15 lakh NEET Students appear for the exams, there may be repeaters, students who began their preparation in their lower grades. So bear in mind that you will be competing against them just with six months of preparation. Make certain that you stick to all of the methods outlined below with passion and dedication to crack NEET in 6 months.
1. Be Thorough with the NEET 2022 Syllabus
Medical aspirants must split each topic and understand the important topics as well as the chapter-by-chapter weightage of each topic. It is well known that applicants must be familiar with NCERT; however, it will be beneficial to become acquainted with other Boards syllabus as the NEET curriculum is prepared following a study of other states syllabus and NCERT syllabus of Classes 11 and 12. Make a list of high-weightage and do-or-die chapters of NEET. You can check for do or die chapters here.
NEET 2022 Botany Topics With Weightage
|Topic & Weightage||Weightage|
|Cell Biology & Cell Division||10%|
|Genetics & Biotechnology||24%|
|Biology in Human Welfare||2%|
NEET 2022 Zoology Topics With Weightage
|Structural Organisation in animals||2%|
|Human Reproduction & Reproductive Health||18%|
|Origin & Evolution||10%|
|Human Health & Diseases||9%|
NEET 2022 Physics Chapters with Weightage
|Physical World and Measurement||2.3|
|Motion In A Straight Line||2.4|
|Motion In A Plane||2.6|
|Laws Of Motion||4.5|
|Work, Energy & Power||3|
|Motion Of System Of Particles And Rigid Body||4.7|
|Mechanical Properties Of Solids||1.8|
|Mechanical Properties Of Fluids||1.9|
|Thermal Properties Of Matter||2|
|Behaviour Of Perfect Gas & Kinetic Theory||2|
|Electric Charges & Fields||1.8|
|Electrostatic Potential & Capacitance||3.6|
|Moving Charges and Matter||2.3|
|Dual Nature Of Matter & Radiation||5.6|
NEET 2022 Chemistry chapters with weightage
|Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry||3|
|Structure Of Atoms||2.5|
|Periodic Properties of Elements||2|
|States of Matter||2.3|
|s- block Elements||3.4|
|p – Block Elements (Group 13 and Group 14)||1.7|
|Organic Chemistry- Some Basic Principles & Techniques||4.8|
2. Understand the NEET 2022 Exam Pattern
- NEET comprises a total of 180 questions which are divided into three subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Biology. The biology section has the highest number of questions which is 90 in total whereas the other two consist of 45 questions each. The marks awarded are also divided into three as 360 in Biology, 180 in chemistry and 180 in Physics.
- The other important point to keep in mind is the scoring pattern. The scoring pattern is in such a way that 4 marks are awarded for every correct answer and 1 mark is deducted for each wrong attempt.
- “Biology (Botany + Zoolgy)has the highest weightage so I am going to give more importance to it” , this is the thought we should abandon first. In NEET every section is important and if you are sticking only to one section that can lead you to a drastic disappointment. Equal importance should be given to all three subjects.
|Exam Mode||Offline(Pen & Paper)|
|Exam Date||May 2, 2022|
|Total questions||180 Questions|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
|Sections||Physics, Chemistry, Zoology & Botany|
|Subject Wise Mark Split up||Physics – 35+ 15 Questions = 180 Marks|
Chemistry – 35+ 15 Questions = 180 Marks
Botany – 35+ 15 Questions = 180 Marks
Zoology – 35+ 15 Questions = 180 Marks
|Language||English, Hindi, Tamil, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Oriya, Urdu, Marathi, and Telugu|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks will be awarded for each right attempt|
1 mark will be deducted for each wrong attempt
No marks will be awarded for unattended questions
|Negative Marking||Yes, 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong attempt|
3. Study with the Best Study NEET Materials
Choosing the finest one from the vast set of study materials on the market would be challenging, and it is always preferable to restrict oneself to two or three excellent study materials. Because referring to five or six different study materials at once causes more harm than good. In this section, we will provide you with the names of study materials that you can use for thorough preparation.
Basidia Learning: Basidia is the best app for NEET preparation trusted by 50000+ students for practicing, studying, and comprehending various NCERT topics comprising the complete NEET UG syllabus. It features a number of test series, lessons, keys, and video lectures to help you along the way.
NCERT textbooks: Since the NEET is entirely based on the NCERT syllabus, you should prioritize NCERT textbooks. NCERT textbooks are known as the best study material for the NEET examination.
Apart from these two, there are other materials that can give you a deep grip if used along with the above-mentioned materials.
- Concepts of Physics by H.C Verma
- Objective Physics by D.C Pandey
- Fundamental Physics by Pradeep Publications
- Chemistry by R.K Gupta
- Biology by Trueman- Vol 1 and 2
- Biology book by Pradeep Publications
- Objective biology by Dinesh
- Physical Chemistry by O.P Tandon
- Organic Chemistry by Morrison and Boyd
4. Create a Perfect Timetable for NEET 2022
A timetable is the most effective and efficient way to plan your study. It enables you to keep track of your preparation, and a well-planned timetable ensures that all areas of portions are covered.
Given below are a few steps to follow while building up a timetable.
- Place the NEET topics which are assigned as easy in the first section of the timetable
- Place the NEET topics which are assigned as Medium and Hard as the second and third section of the timetable respectively
- Follow the NEET timetable and act accordingly. Never slip away from the drafted timetable.
- Keep one empty column in the timetable so that you could review yourself at the end of the day. This will help you validate yourself and can improve.
Having drafted a NEET timetable, the next step would be the execution of the same. Let us have a look at how to Execute the drafted timetable.
- Start the day with the topics which come under the easy tag line. Have a thorough reading of the topics and try answering as many questions as possible. Beginning with the easy topics would give you the confidence to face the hard and medium topics fearlessly.
- Dedicate more time to the Hard topics and revise them thoroughly on a daily basis.
- Medium-tagged topics should be considered next. Include the previous year’s question papers in this tag. Try solving almost all the questions from the previous year’s question paper and check with the answer key.
- Create your own questions and try solving them.
- Attend at least one mock test daily so that you can evaluate yourself and put up more hard work if required.
Don’t forget to take breaks in between, storming your brain too much will make you fall sick. A healthy mind can only derive wonderful results. Take rests in between so as to relax your Body and Mind.
We have created a few study planners for you guys. Please take a look
5. Prepare Notes
- Preparation of notes is one of the important neet preparation tips that can help you understand and memorize the topics in a better way. Moreover, it improves your memory skills too.
- Refer to some high-quality study materials to prepare notes that help you to stay on the right track. You can use the internet as a source for choosing the best study material, you can even discuss your concerns with your teachers and you can post your doubts on online discussion forums too. While considering the online methods you can refer to the Keys From Basidia
- While preparing notes highlight the points which you feel is important so that you can have a quick read and in fact, that helps you to improvise your memory. These prepared notes can be used for last-minute revision purposes also
Related Blog – How to prepare notes for NEET preparation?
6. Attend Frequent Mock Tests
You would get a good understanding of the format of the examination by taking NEET Mock Test very frequently. It is highly recommended that you attend these mock tests frequently since they can improve your time management abilities too. By analyzing the NEET mock test, you will be able to see where you went wrong and, as a result, you will be able to take the required steps to avoid making the same mistakes again.
Benefits of NEET Mock Tests
- Helps to get familiarised with the exam Pattern
- Improves your speed and time amangement abilities
- Helps to identify your strength and weakness
- Understand the difficulty level of each subject
- Creates exam kind of atmosphere
7. Revise Regularly
Revision is the act of revisiting something previously written or studied in order to commit it to memory, update it, or enhance it. Revision plays a major role in NEET preparation. It boosts your confidence and improves your subject knowledge. Conduct regular revisions, i.e., after finishing your day’s preparation, go through the topics you’ve covered and try to answer the question section of each topic.
Related Blog – Best way to revise for NEET Preparation
8. Stay Healthy
Wellness, or good health, is a consistent effort to make healthy decisions and maintain a feeling of balance in your life. When you’re in good physical and mental health, you’re better able to deal with the physical and emotional challenges of exam stress. When your mind and body are healthy and peaceful, your focus improves. You will be able to absorb and remember knowledge more effectively if you are in perfect health. So have a well-balanced diet and believe in yourself.
This trip will need a great amount of hard work, dedication, and sacrifice. It is important to have a positive attitude during this process because the NEET syllabus is extensive and may appear to be impossible at first. Staying worried will not help; you may feel weak, but never compromise. Instead, commit yourself to your objective and work hard. You will pass the NEET in 6 months.
Yes. It’s possible to prepare for NEET in 6 months. Provided you have a good study plan and enough study resources.
To cover the NEET syllabus in 6 months, you should allocate the time for each subject and set daily goals. While preparing the study planner make sure that the planner contains all important topics, mock exam practice, and error analysis.
NCERT is always the best book for NEET, however, relying just on NCERT will not get you the best marks. To earn a higher score, you must combine NCERT with other high-quality resources. Basidia can be used as your primary preparing material. More than 50,000 students have placed their confidence in it.
The NEET 2022 exam registration dates are not yet announced. You need to wait till May to get clarity on NEET 2022 examination dates.
Yes, Basidia is sufficient for you to pass the NEET. To pass the NEET with high scores, you must have broad subject knowledge. Basidia covers the whole NEET syllabus in depth, and several innovative features such as Custom Test and Revision Scheduler could work wonders.