Summary: It is necessary that students who are preparing for NEET from home without coaching should undergo self-analysis and the best way to do this is by attending an online mock test. Attending a Mock test will help the students to experience real exam situations and also help them to know their own strengths and weaknesses. After knowing your own strengths and weaknesses follow the blog below which will help you to crack the NEET Exam from home without coaching.
NEET examination is becoming more and more popular. The number of candidates who appear for the medical entrance test increases yearly, leading to a spike in the competition level.
Around 16 lakhs of students attend the NEET examination yearly and the number increases each year alongside the competition. The three hours exam is conducted under the strict surveillance of the authority in different centres across the country.
Is it possible to crack neet without coaching?
Yes! You can crack the NEET from home for sure without attending any coaching. It’s the hard work and the dedication that matters. Coaching is considered an essential part of NEET preparation, but the truth is that there are toppers who have gotten through the NEET examination by doing self-preparation. With an appropriate study plan, proper strategies and some effective measures anyone can score good marks in examinations and crack the NEET at ease.
If you are ready to input your energy and time with full dedication, you can crack NEET from home without any coaching. The concept of coaching is to practice under guidance but sadly most of the NEET coaching centres are promoting exam fear and thereby they are pressurising the students in all possible ways. The truth is that this pressure won’t work and the students will fall into depression losing all their hope.
Maybe because of these reasons, nowadays most of the students are opting for self-preparation and the usage of different platforms like Basidia learning. A majority of them are cracking the NEET examination at their first chance. It simply proves that the NEET examination can be cracked without any coaching. Here in this blog, we would like to share some tips and tricks which you can follow for self-preparation.
Perfect Strategy for Cracking NEET from Home Without Coaching
- Gather all information about the NEET syllabus.
- Schedule your timetable
- Choose Best study materials
- Set Daily Targets
- Practice more and more NEET MCQs
- Work out previous year question papers
- Attend Mock Tests
- Conduct daily revisions
- Motivate yourself
Preparation of NEET needs complete dedication from your side because it’s your effort that’s gonna bring you the fruit of success. Following the tips and tricks briefed below can help you to prepare well and crack the NEET examination.
1. Gather all details regarding the NEET syllabus.
Being well informed is the foremost part of any planning. The idea of preparation can be planned only after having a piece of good knowledge of the syllabus. This is the first and most important part of planning your preparation. One must know what all topics or concepts are included, which all syllabus has more weightage, which can be given more importance. The solution to all these is just a thorough understanding of the syllabus.
Related link – NEET Syllabus & Exam Pattern
2. Prepare with Quality Study Materials
Referring to the best study material can gain you the best results. There are a lot of study materials available in the market and most of them claim that they are the best. Always choose the best and reliable self-study materials, this can be done by having online research on the study materials you plan to choose. You can even ask the previous year NEET candidates or your seniors and teachers for suggestions. Here is the list of books you can refer to, other than Basidia & NCERT textbooks.
|Concepts of Physics, part 1 and 2||H C Verma|
|Fundamentals of Physics||Halliday, Resnick and Walker|
|Objective Physics for the medical entrance examination (volumes 1 and 2)||DC Pandey|
|NCERT Exemplar Class 11 and 12||NA|
|Physics MCQ||D Mukherjee|
Physics Study Materials for NEET
- NCERT Exemplar Class 11 and 12
- Concepts of Physics, part 1 and 2 by HC Verma
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick and Walker
- Objective Physics for the medical entrance examination (volumes 1 and 2) by DC Pandey
- Physics MCQ by D Mukherjee
Related link – How to Prepare for NEET Physics?
Chemistry Study Materials for NEET
- NCERT Exemplar Class 11 and 12
- Oxford’s Organic Chemistry by Jonathan Clayden, Nick Greeves,
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J D Lee
- MTG’s Objective NCERT at your fingertips by MTG Editorial Board
- Modern’s ABC of Chemistry of Classes 11 and 12 (volumes 1 and 2) by S.P. Jauhar
Related link – How to Prepare for NEET Chemistry?
Zoology/Botany Study Materials for NEET
- Objective Biology (volumes 1 & 2) by GR Bathla
- Biology Classes 11 and 12 (Volume 1 & 2) by Pradeep Publications
- Objective Biology (Volume 1, 2, and 3 along with Practice Papers) by Dinesh Publications
- A Class Book for Botany by A C Dutta
Related link – How to Prepare for NEET Botany?
NEET Preparation App – Basidia is the best app for neet preparation which helps you crack neet exam from home. In NEET 2020, 165 out of 180 questions were directly from our test series, proving our highest strike rate and uniqueness.
3. Create a Perfect Timetable
In NEET preparation each and every step of the student needs to be preplanned and he/she should be careful to follow their plans. A timetable is an essential part of the NEET preparation. The timetable helps you to have track of your preparation and you would be able to plan your studies ahead with the help of a timetable. Experts say that following an effective timetable for the NEET preparation can yield good results. We would like to share some simple steps to create an effective timetable for your preparation need.
- Check for the topics in all three subjects.
- Segregate the topics into three and give them taglines as Cold, Warm and Hot.
- Cold should include the easy topics or the topics you are proficient in.
- Include the moderate topics under the Warm tagline.
- The hot tagline should include time-consuming or hard topics that are difficult to understand.
Now set a target score to achieve create four different sections in your timetable
- Place the topics which are assigned as cold in the first section of the timetable, fill the second section with the topics assigned under Warm, Fill the third section with the topics assigned under the Hot tagline.
- Dedicate the fourth column for adding reviews on your preparation thus you can improve yourself by referring to it.
The timetable is completely drafted now, next is execution
- Start the day with the topics which come under the cold tagline.
- Beginning with the cold topics would give you the confidence to face the Warm and hot topics fearlessly.
- Dedicate more time to the Hot topics and revise them thoroughly daily.
- Include the previous year’s question papers in the Warm tag. Try solving almost all the questions from the previous year’s question paper and check with the answer key.
Create your own questions and try solving them. Make sure to attend at least one mock test daily so that you can evaluate yourself and put more hard work into the required topics.
Related link – Perfect Timetable for NEET 2022
4. Set Daily targets
Setting targets and achieving them at the exact time planned can help you to cover the topics in the desired period. This will increase your confidence level and it’s a motivation factor that fuels your preparation. The most vital thing which needs to be minded while setting targets is always to set realistic ones or else the whole concept of setting targets will backfire.
5. Practice more and More MCQs
After the completion of each topic, workout on all types of MCQs comes under that topic. Basidia holds more than thirty-three thousand MCQs with detailed explanations. Try to answer at least 150-200 MCQs, the more you answer the stronger your knowledge on that particular topic would be. Mark the wrong answer and learn that separately until you are clear with the topic.
6. Workout previous year question papers
This is the best and most effective way to understand the pattern of examination as well as the syllabus. This helps you to cover each and every possible question that can be expected for the NEET examination. The previous year questions with proper explanation can be accessed from Basdia and even the Internet is a good source for finding previous year question papers but it would be hard to find the proper explanation.
7. Attend Mock Tests Frequently
Mock tests are the model tests of real exams that can be used to practice the exam pattern with a real exam like feel. Attending frequent mock tests helps you to analyze your performance as well as it improves the time management skill. A mock test can be used for finding the weakest areas so that you can work and strengthen them.
Basidia’s mock tests are exact replicas of real NEET examinations, with a rank predictor and detailed analysis. NEET 2021’s new pattern has been implemented soon after the notification from NTA. Basidia is the one and only learning platform which came up with the new NEET pattern test series. Experts suggest attending at least one mock test a day when you are just months away from NEET.
Related link – New pattern mock test for NEET 2021
8. Revise until you master
Let it be any exam, the revision must be an integral part of your preparation because revision helps you to have a complete review of your preparation and thereby you can make required changes on your preparation method. The regular revision will help you to have deep roots in the topic. We have a dedicated revision scheduler where you can plan schedule your revisions ahead after completing each practice test. We recommend you conduct a revision after completing each chapter.
Related link – How to revise for the NEET exam?
9. Motivate Yourself
Motivation is the key route to success. Motivations help people to gain complete confidence and speed up the activities they intend to do. Motivation is a psychological factor that contributes a lot. If you feel very much tired or feel like the preparation process is not meeting your expectations. Take a short break and think about your best exam performances during your school time. Think about the achievements you gained and understand you are your mentor, there is no one to guide you or correct you. You are very much aware that you are capable of doing this because this has been done in the past and this can be done by you also.
Related link – The Ultimate Guide to prepare for NEET UG
Some Important Points to Keep in mind while preparing from home
Since you are doing self-preparation you are your mentor, criticizer and your master. To analyze your performance sincerely and strictly.
While attending mock tests, always choose the full length one, instead of subject wise mock tests.
- When you are attending mock tests, act like you are attending the real NEET exam and complete it in a single stretch, don’t pause in between
- Targets should be completed at the expected time and if not add it to the next day’s, but don’t make it a habit
- Revision is mandatory for all the topics even if you are good at some. Because the questions in the NEET exam are completely unpredictable and you have to be perfect with each side of the topic.
- Don’t hesitate to practice the MCQs. Keep in mind that its practice that makes a man perfect.
- There is nothing wrong with seeking help from your seniors or previous year students but choose genuine persons.
- Don’t stress yourself, if you are taking so much time to complete any particular topic, take a short break and relax.
- Try to find out your weak points and carve them into your strongest points.
- The focus is everything and your focus should be very clear and work hard for it, remember at the end of all this you are going to achieve your dream to become a doctor.
- Take care of your health, sleep a minimum of 7 hours or else you will get exhausted really fast on the next day.
- Be honest to yourself and be honest with your preparation.
Reimagine, rethink and prepare with Basidia. We will be there for you at any time to help you out. Wish you all the success
Yes, you can crack NEET by self-study but all you need to be sure about is the preparation methods and the strategies you plan. The best methods can yield you good results and if you are implementing the right one you would be cracking the NEET hazzale free
This question has been asked by many students. It’s a yes and no at the same time because if you are good with your class 11, 12th syllabus it would be easy for you to crack NEET in one month and it would be a little difficult if you are starting the preparation from scratch. Anyways, at the end of the day, hard work and dedication deliver the result.
NEET candidates include repeaters who have dedicated one year full for the sake of cracking NEET and there are students who had started their preparation from the school itself. Now you could’ve got an idea of the competition you are going to face for the NEET examination. In 15 days you can work on the previous year questions continuously and get an idea of the exam pattern and you will be able to understand the difficulty level of the NEET exam. But we are not sure about cracking NEET in 15 days.